BRUNCH & LEARN • March 3, 2018 • 9am-12pm • 3 CE Credits
$99 Registration Fee • Includes Course & Brunch
Lecture by Nancy Illman, JD, Joy Maven, Reiki Healer (Platinum Wellness Advocate, doTERRA International, Trainer in the AromaTouch Technique)
- List and discuss the three basic ways essential oils can be used in dentistry.
- Understand what is unique and important about pure therapeutic grade essential oils.
Identify the following:
- Which oils can be used to help patients (and staff) feel more calm and relaxed
- Which essential oils are helpful in preventing cavities
- Which essential oils are helpful for teething/as a topical anesthetic
- Which essential oils is helpful for halitosis
- Which oils inhibit the production of biofilm
- Which oils can be used to treat dry socket, tooth pain and candidiasis
Nancy Illman, JD was born the eldest daughter of a surgeon on Long Island. At age sixteen, she left home to attend college at Harvard, from which she graduated with an honors degree in English before also attending and graduating from Fordham Law School. She briefly worked for the ACLU and at the Legal Aid Society before leaving the practice of law to pursue other ways of helping people. Nancy has been an advanced level reiki energy healer since 2007, and earned a certificate in plant based nutrition from eCornell in 2010. In 2014, she was certified by Dr. David Hill to become a trainer in the AromaTouch technique, a clinical application of essential oils, which she shares with private clients alongside of her reiki practice. Nancy believes in a holistic approach to health that begins with diet and incorporates exercise, meditation, yoga, positive thinking and essential oils. Over the past 5 years, Nancy has been helping a wide range of health professionals, including dentists and oral surgeons, to incorporate essential oils into their practice. Nancy currently lives in Takoma Park, Maryland with her husband and the younger two of her three sons. Nancy is also a violinist and a visual artist; you can see examples of her artwork at magicwandmurals.com.